swatsp0p

Try this:

First, set the format for BOTH columns (data entry and the 'sort'
column) as CUSTOM 000000 (use as many zeros as the maximum number of
digits in your your data)

Assuming you are entering data in the range H1:H24 in I1 enter this
formula and copy down to I24:

=SMALL(($H$1:$H$24),ROW())

Rows in column I that don't have data in H will show #NUM!. Your first
entry (in H1) will appear in I1. Your second entry will appear in
column I in either row 1 or 2 depending on its size compared to H1....
and so on.

NOTE: It will not be necessary to enter leading zeros, they will
automatically be pre-pended to any entry of fewer digits than the
CUSTOM format calls for. If you enter more digits than formatted,
leading zeros will be lost. ex: if you format for six zeros (000000)
and enter 0123456, only 123456 will display. However, if you enter
12345, 012345 will be displayed.

Good Luck

--
swatsp0p