Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Martin[_2_] Paul Martin[_2_] is offline

Default Excel 2007: "Reference is not valid" when refreshing pivot table

Perhaps someone can shed more light on this, but I ascertained that
the problem was with a dynamic range that works in Excel 2003 but not
in Excel 2007.

The formula looks like this:

=OFFSET(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(1, 1, , , "DataDaily")), 0, 0,
COUNTA(INDIRECT("DataDaily!" & ADDRESS(1, 1) & ":" & ADDRESS(65536,
1))),
COUNTA(INDIRECT("DataDaily!" & ADDRESS(1, 1) & ":" & ADDRESS(1,
256))))

Which I've changed to:

=OFFSET(DataDaily!$A$1, 0, 0, COUNTA(DataDaily!$A:$A), COUNTA
(DataDaily!$1:$1))

The reason for the original formula was to avoid issues when the range
was deleted. Obviously the second formula is simpler, and I'll have
to workaround deletion issues. Anyway, if anyone has anything to add,
it'd be good to understand why this isn't working in XL07.