Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith[_4_] Fred Smith[_4_] is offline

Default Is there a simple formula to convert time in hundredths to min

You need to change A1 to whatever cell your hours are in. As you did not
specify any cell addresses, it's impossible for us to know where your data
is. So we use A1 as a sample.

If you still need help, tell us where your data is (ie E1, A27:A46), and
we'll give you a specific formula.

Regards,
Fred

"Tbazemore" wrote in message
Roger,
I have attempted using =A1/24, but its not working.... maybe im putting it
in the wrong place? is it possible to elaborate a little more on the "how
to"? I have also been attempting this coversion for my monthly report.

Thanks.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Ron

Excel stores it's times as fractions of a day (24 hours)
Format the cell as hh:mm
then with 6.15 in cell A1 =A1/24

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Ron" wrote in message
I get an exported excel file that has the time in hours/hundredths and
have
to convert it to hours/minutes - example 6.18 = 6:11, 6.15 = 6:09, etc.
I'm doing the conversion but it takes me about 4 passes - is there a
simple
way to convert this kind of time. Thank You

signature database 4743 (20100104) __________

http://www.eset.com