Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Is there a simple formula to convert time in hundredths to minute

It's pretty simple, Eva.
6.15 is 6 hours and 15 hundredths.
There are 60 minutes in an hour, so 15 hundredths of an hour is 0.15*60 = 9
minutes, hence 6.15 is 6:09

The answer to Ron's question is that the way to do the conversion is =A1/24,
and format the result in a time format to suit your preferences.
--
David Biddulph

"Eva" wrote in message
Can you tell us more about it? I don't understand why 6.18 = 6:11 or 6.15
=
6:09.
--
Greatly appreciated
Eva

"Ron" wrote:

I get an exported excel file that has the time in hours/hundredths and I
have
to convert it to hours/minutes - example 6.18 = 6:11, 6.15 = 6:09, etc.
I'm doing the conversion but it takes me about 4 passes - is there a
simple
way to convert this kind of time. Thank You