Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Martin[_2_] Paul Martin[_2_] is offline

Default Excel 2007: "Reference is not valid" when refreshing pivot table

Hi all

I have a pivot table that works fine in Excel 2003. I've created an
Excel 2007 version and some code fails because (in VBA) "The
PivotTable report was saved without the underlying data". Yet, when I
manually try to refresh the pivot table, I get a message saying
"Reference is not valid". I've had a look at the source data, but
there doesn't appear to be any issues with that. Can anyone suggest
what the error might be?

BTW, I'm not sure if I've cross-posted correctly (excel.misc &
excel.programming), so apologies if this causes any problems.

Thanks in advance

Paul Martin
Melbourne, Australia