Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe User[_2_] Joe User[_2_] is offline

Default Why messages fail to appear on MSNews server

"Ken Johnson" wrote:
BTW I see your response to my message but I no
longer see my message.

Well, now this is piquing my interest.

But I prefer to move any further discussion into another thread. Please
post any further comments about the GG problem in the m.p.excel thread
titled "GG posting problem (reported by Ken Johnson)" (or some other thread,
if you wish).

I do not want people to confuse this GG problem with the MSNews problem that
I am alerting people to, especially since Biff has pointed MS people to this
thread in a message that he posted in an MVP NG.

Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 14:43:09 -0800 (PST)

Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 16:28:46 -0800 (PST)

Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 15:03:05 -0800 (PST)

Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 07:03:14 -0800 (PST)

Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 06:40:22 -0800 (PST)

(MSNews m.p.e.misc article numbers 888882, 888886, 888912, 889048 and
889180
respectively.)

If you want to investigate this further, you might try starting with a GG
search using the those messages IDs.

And you might try posting the body of those messages in test messages
posted
to m.p.test.here, trying isolate the content, if any, that is causing
problems. If you need a exact copy of the
GG messages that you posted, I can get them from the MSNews server and
send
them to you in email.

BTW, since they do appear on the MSNews server, it does mean that they
were
transmitted successfully to the GG server; no external networking problem.
What happened after that within the GG intranet is anyone's guess at this
point.

Good luck!

I use Google Groups and tried 5 times to post a solution here...
http://groups.google.com.au/group/mi...l.misc/browse_...
The following solution (no "x y z"s w/o spaces) just kept on
disappearing after varying times...

[[...removed excerpt from original message...]]

Ken Johnson

Ken Johnson

Thanks Joe User, I might just leave it in the too-hard-basket.