Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default copy cells become blank

To have the cells recognized as cells you must have both workbooks open in a
single instance of Excel.

You can open 97-03 workbooks in a session of Excel 2007 along with the 2007
workbook.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 21:28:01 -0800, MasterDragon
wrote:

I have a problem that when I copy some cells from a 97-03 workbook to another
07 workbook, the excel consider what I copied as an object. Besides, the
pasted cells are ALL BLANK, no values inside. But when I choose to copy TEXT
or UNICODE TEXT, the problem solves. What shall I do to make sure excel
recognize them as cells instead of objects?