Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Randy Randy is offline

Default Auto Re-Numbering in Excel

Ok.. here's the problem.. I'm re-creating a seniority list for my company.. I
need a column to show an employee's 'seniority number'.. (ex, the employee
thats been with our company the longest would be assigned #1.. second longest
#2.. etc..).. the problem is when someone quits or retires I have to manually
change all the seniority numbers beneith them.. is there any way that Excel
can do this automatically for me.. for administrative purposes.. I can
arrange employees by hire date.. however our union wants each employees
seniority number listed

Thanks for any help!
--
Randy