Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Lofred Lofred is offline

Default Delete cell value but keep formula in cell.

I am new to Excel 2007 converting from Quattro Pro X3. QP has a useful
feature which allows you to zero out the value in a cell, but keep the
formula intact. This resets the spreadsheet for the next time period. The
process is as follows;

1. Select a range of cells.
2. Click EDIT Cut
3. Click EDIT Paste special
4. Disable the NUMBER CELLS checkbox.
5. Click PASTE
The value in the cell now turns to zero with the formula intact.

A sample formula in cell A3 would be; =IF(A1=1,A2,A3)
where A1=1 A2=5 resulting in A3=5
The value 5 would stay in A3 unless you deleted the formula in A3 and
reentered it.
A nested IF statement would be a work-a-round but it would make the formulas
more complex. I was hoping Excel had a similar process but I have not found
it.
Lofred

"Lofred" wrote:

After the formula in a cell has calculated a value I would like to reset the
cell for the next use by deleting the value but keeping the formula in the
cell.
Is this possible in Excel 2007?