Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dale G[_2_] Dale G[_2_] is offline

Default Macro to create newsheets

Hi,
Im trying to use a macro to create a workbook of reports for 2010.
I need a macro that will copy and paste from 3 master sheets to many new
sheets in my workbook and name the sheet tabs accordingly.

The first sheet is titled Sum, and needs to be copied and pasted 52 times,
one for each week.

The second sheet is titled ST, and needs to be copied and pasted 12 times,
once for each month.

The third sheet is titled CT, and needs to be copied and pasted 12 times,
once for each month.

So far I have a macro that will create the new sheet names. I will use a
blank sheet to write the new sheet names i.e. ST Jan, CT Jan, ST Feb, CT
Feb, etc€¦€¦ then select the range and run the macro.

Sub CreateManyWorksheets()
For Each cell In Selection
ThisWS = cell.Value
Worksheets.Add after:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)
ActiveSheet.Name = ThisWS
Next cell
End Sub

Then I can copy and group paste, but if its possible, I would like to have
macro complete the task.

I was thinking there might be a way to have the macro recognizes the new
sheet name to copy and paste from the appropriate master sheet.

Is there some sort of For Each loop that could perform this.

If not, then maybe 3 separate macros would work.

Any help is appreciated.