Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default adding numbers in a column with dates

Hi,

If the sample data you gave is typical then you want to sum even numbered
rows so try this

=SUMPRODUCT((1-MOD(ROW(A1:A10),2))*A1:A10)

Mike

"piklelila" wrote:

I have a column with dates and numbers. I want to add up the numbers at the
bottom of the column. For example:
A1 11/15
A2 33
A3 11/20
A4 45
A5 11/24
A6 66
etc...

I just want to add A2, A4, A6, etc.... Is there an easy way to do this? I
know that I can single out by =SUM(A2,A4,A6), but there are a lot more to add
in the column and I'll be doing it for each month. This way would be so
tedious and time consuming. Can anyone help?