Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Testing

i'm using windows mail, too, but not in vista, in windows 7. i use outlook for
email since windows mail is no longer included in win7. i hate windows live
anything. but, copying windows mail files to win7 works fine for me and has for
the year i've been using win7.

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
I'm at a complete loss because a response to my own Testing message failed to
be posted. I'm only guessing that this one will get through. I'm using Windows
Mail (Vista's equivalent to Outlook Express in earlier versions of Windows).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Joe User" <joeu2004 wrote in message
Rick, I had a similar experience yesterday. In one particular thread, one
response of mine (a previous day) appeared, as did a test response, but one
particular response did not appear when I used the MSNews server. I tried
several times in a period about 24 hours; none appears even today. But the
exact same response (copy and paste) did appear on the Google Groups and MS
Discussion Groups servers when I posted it through each server. (They still
not appear on the MSNews server).

In m.p.test.here, I discovered that I could post the text of that response as
both a new message and a response using the MSNews server, and the text of
the response appeared on the MSNews server when I posted a new message using
Google Groups. (I could not get to m.p.test.here using the MSDG server.)
But if I tried to post a response to the GG message using the MSNews server,
it did not appear on any of the MSNews, GG or MSDG servers, suggesting that
the MSNews server dropped the message.

My first thought was: the problem was due to a very long line that I had in
the text. But the response to the GG message continued to fail to appear
even if I broke up the line manually.

My suspicion is: the MSNews server is dropping some responses (only to GG
messages?!) if they have a certain form (TBD). That does not make much sense
to me. But it is the only explanation that I have so far that fits all of
the facts.