JE McGimpsey

If the Amounts are in column A and the account number is in D1, say, one
way:

B1: =D1 & TEXT(A1,"0000000000")

In article ,
"World Referee and accountant" <World Referee and
wrote:

I need to export a file from Excel that has a fixed length of 18 digits, the
first 8 digits are account numbers the last 10 digits are the amounts. I
need the amount field to have a fixed length of 10 digits. I know I can use
the CONCATENATE command to add the account number to the amount but the
amount field doesn't have a fixed field length. The file is then exported
and is used to import data into some other application.