AppraiserRon

Thank you, Duke. I understand your suggestion up to the VLOOKUP formula, I
am fuzzy on how the col# in the new table connects to the original table.

Thanks for the help.

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Create another lookup table that concatenates the Utility & Condition values,
listing all possible combinations, & provides the column # of your original
lookup table. So, the table should be

"Utility1 - Good" col#
"Utility1 - Average" col#
"Utility1 - Fair" col#
"Utility2 - Good" col#
"Utility2 - Average" col#
"Utility2 - Fair" col#

Then, instead of multiple ifs, use

VLOOKUP(utility value&" - "&condition value,lookup2,2)

"AppraiserRon" wrote:

My table has 19 rows and 11 columns. The leftmost column is a list of 17
buildings. The second column is a unit type (sq. ft.). I have 9 columns
with numbers. The top two rows are descriptions of Utility and Condition
(Good, Average, Fair, etc.) Using VLOOKUP, IF and AND, I can nest functions
to use 7 of the 9 columns.
VLOOKUP(Text81,Buildings!G5:P21,IF(AND(Dropdown4=B uildings!P3,D32=Buildings!P4),10, IF ................[ET CETERA]

I need at least to cover the 9 combinations of Utility and Condition but
I've met the limit of my ability.

Thank you for your help!