Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JRC[_2_] JRC[_2_] is offline

Default Find and replace for cells with certain number of characters.

On Dec 26, 8:42*am, "Otto Moehrbach"
wrote:
You say you want to useFind&Replaceand you say you want tofindevery
cell that has over 64 characters. *The two don't have anything to do with
each other. *The following macro will look at every cell in the used range
and will display a message box showing the cell address of each such cell,
one at a time. *The message box will stay there until you click the OK
button, then it will display the cell address of the next over-64 cell, and
so on. * *HTH *Otto
Sub Find64()
* * Dim i As Range
* * For Each i In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
* * * * If Len(i) 64 Then _
* * * * * * MsgBox i.Address(0, 0)
* * Next i
End Sub

Hi, Otto.

Thanks for your reply and help with the subroutine.

I just tried the subroutine and it worked fine. The boxes appear on
the display and display the cell location for the occurrence. However,
one thing I would like to be able to do is to have the cursor move to
the actual cell and display the cell on the center of the screen so
that I have the chance to either modify the content or format it.

Is it possible to do it with a modified version of this subroutine
similar to the way the Find and Replace window works ?

Joe