Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default Remove holidays from calculation

I'm still not sure what the problem is here. Click the little question mark
symbol in the Main Excel view. Type 'NETWORKDAYS' and yo will see a good
example of this this function works. Copy/paste the example into a sheet
(fills cells A1:C7), and enter this function into cell E3;
=NETWORKDAYS(B3,B4,B5:B7)

What result do you get? 108? That is correct. Look at the logic.

I renamed a sheet to Holidays and entered =TODAY() in Cell A1. in A2 I put
=A1+1 then filled down until A29. now, back to the first sheet, enter this
in cell E3: =NETWORKDAYS(B3,B4,Holidays!A1:A29)

What result do you get? You should get 88. try it. Try to adopt that for
your specific example. Post back with any additional, specific, questions.

--
Ryan---

"Sal" wrote:

Hi Rick. Thank you for the input. I am looking to reference a list of
holidays from a range that contains the dates in a worksheet called Holidays.
I am not sure I completely understand.

Are you recommending to include NETWORKDAYS(start_date,end_date,holidays)
somewhere in this formula?

=NETWORKDAYS(K13,L14,Holidays!A1:A29)-1

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Someone didn't read the help files for the NETWORKDAYS function...

"Syntax: NETWORKDAYS(start_date,end_date,holidays)
Holidays is an optional range of one or more dates to
exclude from the working calendar, such as state and
federal holidays and floating holidays. The list can be
either a range of cells that contains the dates or an
array constant of the serial numbers that represent the
dates."

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Sal" wrote in message
=IF(COUNT(K13:L13)<2,"",NETWORKDAYS(K13,L13)-1)

This formula already excludes weekends from the calculation.

Do you know how I could improve this formula so that it does not include
holidays in the calculation, I can specify the holidays, and I will not
get
an error message if Column K is blank?

Or

Do you know how I can improve this formula so that if Column K is blank I
will not get a #VALUE! message where the calculation should be?

=NETWORKDAYS(K13,L14,Holidays!A1:A29)-1

.