Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find and replace for cells with certain number of characters.

If you are looking for the cells with 65 or more characters in them, use
this in the "Find what" field of the Find dialog box...

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????*

There are 65 question marks followed by an asterisk (question marks stand
for single character while the asterisk stands for zero or more characters).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"JRC" wrote in message
Hi, everyone.

I am working on a rather large document so searching it manually isn't
possible. I need to find all cells in this document (a text document
imported as a tab-delimited file) that have more than 64 characters.
Although I have found reference to the LEN function in Excel's help
files I would prefer to work with Find and Replace command as it finds
one occurrence and stops there only moving to the next if you press
the Next button.

Is there a way to do this with Find and Replace ?

TIA,

Joe