Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Regional Settings / Finding out Array separator characters

If all else fails, as a last resort you could transpose the array.

Since they know a vertical array uses the semi-colon transpose that into a
horizontal array:

TRANSPOSE({1;2;3})

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 23:04:10 -0500, "T. Valko"
wrote:

In Win Xp there is no specific category for "array" separators. It's
listed
as "list" separator. In my U.S. English version the list separator is a
comma which we know is used as the horizontal array separator. There's
nothing in the Regional and Language settings (that I can find) that
defines
a vertical "list" (array) separator which we know is the semi-colon.

I see. In that case, I wonder if the row separator is different from the
list
separator (although they happen to use the same character in this
instance).
Maybe I'll look into it further if I ever get a round tuit.
--ron