Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Vas Vas is offline

Default Please help me to solve the below equation in excel

Hi

The equation

if item_a=stockitem_a
(stockqty_a=stockqty_a-itemqty_a)
else if item_b=stockitem_b
(stockqty_b=stockqty_b-itemqty_b)
but more than 7 nested loops are not applicable. so please suggest.
when i enter an item, the stock should be reduced by the quantity and whn i
enter the same item quantity again then stock should be reduced from the
remaining quantity. how will i do that...
eg item a is entered twice 1st 12
quantity, so the stock should be 2 and i entered a again in the last
1quantity. so the remaining stock should be 1

Date Item Qty
1-Jan a 12
4-Mar b 13
4-May c 14
7-Sep d 15
8-Mar e 16
9-Aug f 17
12-Dec g 17

Item Stock
a 14
b 15
c 16
d 17
e 18
f 19
g 19

Waiting for the suggestions. we cannot use the more than 7 nested loops.
waiting for the solution with thanks