Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Regional Settings / Finding out Array separator characters

Notice that in Portuguese, Decimal point is comma.

Then what do they use for decimal numbers, the comma?

10,25
10.25

Look in Control PanelRegional and Language OptonsRegional Options
tabclick Customize.

It'll show you a list of settings including the list separator.

Maybe the decimal point is the horizontal array separator: {1.2.3.4.5}

I'm glad I don't have to deal with international issues like this!

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jabaltie" wrote in message
Hello !

I'm running Excel on a Portuguese Windows XP system.

I'm trying to create some array constants but haven't been able to do
it.

As for VERTICAL arrays, I use the ";" (semicolons) and it works fine,
like this : ={"A";"B";"C"}

However, when I try to create a HORIZONTAL array, I try to use the
"," (commas) as separators but I can't even enter the formula. It
complains.

How do I find out WHICH is the Array separator character in this
case ?

Notice that in Portuguese, Decimal point is comma.

Thanks !