Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default CHAR(10) does not create new line in excel 2007

No formula is required.

Type: ABC then press (Alt+Enter), then type DEF (Alt+Enter) and so on...

"Ms-Exl-Learner" wrote:

Where is your formula?

Anyway try this.

Copy the below formula and paste it in any the cell
="ABC"&CHAR(10)&"DEF"&CHAR(10)&"GHI"&CHAR(10)&"JKL "

Then copy that cell and do right click and select paste special and select
values and give ok. Now place the cursor on that cell and press F2 and give
enter.

Now the data will look like this

ABC
DEF
GHI
JKL

(Ms-Exl-Learner)

"Alan" wrote:

I am copying contents from multiple cells into one cell, I would like a new
line for each cell content being copied. I use the following forumula and do
not see a new line being created. I found this on microsofts site; however,
it does not work in Excel 2007... HELP!!