Bernie Deitrick

Frantic,

The lookin isn't really that important unless you want to ignore values (the
results of formulas) and look at formulas themselves. Just don't use the
LookAt:=xlWhole - change that to xlPart instead.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Frantic Excel-er" wrote in
message ...
Thanks Bernie....

One more Q - I played with this and got it to work before I got your

reply,
but I did nt add the "look in" string...is that important since I want to
find an X within an account number????

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

Frantic,

Columns("C:C").Find(What:="X", _
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole).EntireRow.Insert

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Frantic Excel-er" wrote in
message ...
I was wondering if it is possible to insert a line without a direct

cell
reference.
This is exactly what I am trying to do...

I have import files that have many different lines...(each one is

unique).
I wrote a macro to go thru the many tedious steps, except I am stuck

on
the
line insertion part....I do a data sort for column "C", and then I do

find
for "X" (which is a separation point). What I want to happen is for

the
macro to find "X" and insert a line above it, regardless of which row

"X"
is
on. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!!!