Bernie Deitrick

Frantic,

Columns("C:C").Find(What:="X", _
LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole).EntireRow.Insert

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Frantic Excel-er" wrote in
message ...
I was wondering if it is possible to insert a line without a direct cell
reference.
This is exactly what I am trying to do...

I have import files that have many different lines...(each one is unique).
I wrote a macro to go thru the many tedious steps, except I am stuck on

the
line insertion part....I do a data sort for column "C", and then I do a

find
for "X" (which is a separation point). What I want to happen is for the
macro to find "X" and insert a line above it, regardless of which row "X"

is
on. Is there a way to do that?

Thanks!!!