Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Automatic row height adjust

Merged cells will kill the autofit of a row.

Just one of the multitude of problems caused by merged cells.

You need VBA code to overcome this feature.

For worksheet event code...............

See google search thread for code by Greg Wilson. Watch out for word wrap
in the URL which all one line.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...1c160cbeb27874

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 09:07:01 -0800, ckemler
wrote:

I have merged three cells in the same row for the user to enter a description
and formatted the cell to wrap the text. The intent is for the row height to
adjust automatically when a long string is entered, and currently it is not.
I have other spreadsheets where it does and I have taken for granted that
this will happen automatically.
Is there a setting or format that I have missed?

Thanks for your help