Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Eduardo Eduardo is offline

Default Changing my functions to use subtotals?

Hi,
Excel 2003 doesn't support to have ranges like A:A you need to specify the
row number

to get subtotal with filters the formula to be used is

=subtotal(9,A1:A30000)

when you filter the total will be updated to the filtered data

to copy filtered data to other sheet do this

once filtered hightlight the range, click CTRL G, Special, visible cells
only, OK, CTRL C, go to where you want to copy the information and paste

if this helps please click yes thanks

"cherman" wrote:

I have 2 functions that are calculating my data correctly, except now I need
to consider the autofilter. I figure using subtotal is the way to go if I
want to disregard filtered out rows. Also, I plan on moving my data to
another sheet, so it will need to reference the current sheet, which is
AAT_Raw_Data. Finally, the # of rows of data will vary, but I don't think it
will ever be over 10,000. I'm using Excel 2003, so I think there's an issue
with using something like "A:A" in my formulas.

Can someone help me change these to add in a subtotal and take into account
the other things I mentioned?

FORMULA 1: SUMIF(A:A,I5601,C:C)

FORMUA 2: SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$9995=I5601),--(E$1:E$9995=1),($D$1:$D$9995))

Much Thanks!
Clint