Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Ilya Zeldes Ilya Zeldes is offline

Default Double windows

I have MS Office Home and Student 2007 installed on my new Windows 7 x64
machine. Everything works fine. However, when I open an Excel file, a blank
spreadsheet window opens first, then the file window with data opens. And
when I close the spreadsheet, the process goes in reverse. On my Windows XP
machine, nothing like this happened. Clicking on an Excel file opened just
one spreadsheet window with all the data.
May someone please explain what's going on? How to make an Excel file to
open in one window?

--
Ilya Zeldes
Fort Myers, Florida

P.C. Sorry for cross posting earlier in XML group. I did not realized that
there is this Excel board.