Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
matata nyakeya matata nyakeya is offline

Default increase prices by 25% in several cells

increase prices by 25% in several cells

Johnnychadric wrote:

Formula for multiplying and adding percentage please help.
27-Aug-07

A pretty simple question I guess. I am trying to make a template to do
material take offs for a construction company. I am trying to add 10-15% to
various cells. An example of what I am after.

A | B | C
1 100 =A1*(2+10%)
2
3
4

What I am getting is 200.1 when what I am expecting is 220 ... 100 * 2 = 200
+10% = 220.
What in my formula do I have wrong ?

On Monday, August 27, 2007 6:36 PM
Johnnychadric wrote:

Formula for multiplying and adding percentage please help.
A pretty simple question I guess. I am trying to make a template to do
material take offs for a construction company. I am trying to add 10-15% to
various cells. An example of what I am after.

A | B | C
1 100 =A1*(2+10%)
2
3
4

What I am getting is 200.1 when what I am expecting is 220 ... 100 * 2 = 200
+10% = 220.
What in my formula do I have wrong ?

On Monday, August 27, 2007 6:46 PM
Don Guillett wrote:

=E1*(100%+10%)ore1*1.
=E1*(100%+10%)
or
e1*1.10

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

On Monday, August 27, 2007 6:49 PM
Sandy Mann wrote:

I don't know how you get 200.
I don't know how you get 200.1, I get 210 because 100*2 = 200 + 10% (of 100
NOT 200) = 210

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Johnnychadrice" wrote in message

On Monday, August 27, 2007 7:04 PM
Johnnychadric wrote:

Ok still not what I am after sorry. Let me try to explain better.
Ok still not what I am after sorry. Let me try to explain better.
Let say for track its 10' long and I need one on bottom of wall and one on
top on my spreadsheet I would like to enter the lf of wall and it calculate
the ammount of track I need, cost plus 10% for waste

A1 = 100 lf wall
B1 = A1 * 2 "Now thats 200 cause I need track for top and bottom. From that
200 I need to add 10% for waste/extra/overhead/profit. so { 100 x 2 + 10% =
220 lf} Im good from here cause in another cell or what ever I can do 220/10
and it will let me know for the sectin I need 22 pieces of 10' track to build
a wall 100' long."

I just cant get it to give me 10% off of 100 x 2 if gives me 10% off of 100
which is not what I am after.

So A1 x 2 + and additional 10%

Thanks
"Don Guillett" wrote:

On Monday, August 27, 2007 7:10 PM
Johnnychadric wrote:

I dont know why I get 200.1 ither why I am here.
I dont know why I get 200.1 ither why I am here. So is there a formula that
makes this correct?

A | B | c |
2

So what I am trying to get is 100 x 2 ... then an additional 10% off the 200
100 x 2 = 200 + 10% = 220
Can I do this in B2 somehow?

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

On Monday, August 27, 2007 7:16 PM
Sandy Mann wrote:

=A1*2+(A1*2*10%)or=A1*220%-- HTHSandyIn Perth, the ancient capital of
=A1*2+(A1*2*10%)

or

=A1*220%

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

On Monday, August 27, 2007 8:02 PM
MartinW wrote:

Hi Johnny,=A1*2*110%or simpler=A1*2*1.1Should give you what you are after.
Hi Johnny,

=A1*2*110%
or simpler
=A1*2*1.1

Should give you what you are after. Although that does seem to be an awkward
way to set up your spreadsheet. It appears to be a solution for one
particular
equation and not adjustable for different variables. Then again I can't see
your
data, or know the big picture of what you are trying to achieve.

HTH
Martin

"Johnnychadrice" wrote in message

On Sunday, December 20, 2009 6:12 PM