Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Linda RQ Linda RQ is offline

Default Total Hours

Hi Everyone,

Using Excel 2003. I am calculating my hours worked. I enter in the start
date and time in the B column and the end date and time in the C column. I
use the shortcut Ctrl : <space Ctrl+Shft+ : to enter this. I have =
TEXT(C3-B3,"h:mm") This is working fine.

At the bottom of my D column I have this =SUM(D2:D16) but it is returning
00:00:00.

I tried using the format cell/custom and picked the hours and minutes as
well as other formats but I can't get it to show up.

I need the total hours and minutes in cell D17

Thanks,
Linda