Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find and Return the Non-Blank entry

For future consideration: You should **not** simplify your questions for
us... the answers you get for questions you ask tend to be tailored to the
conditions you say you have... if you don't tell us what those conditions
actually are, you will usually get answers that will need to be modified
when you actually do tell us what the conditions are, so you might as well
tell them to us at the beginning and save those who you are asking to help
you from having to revisit your question a second time.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Art" wrote in message
Yes, but the number of rows in the column will vary. That's another
problem I
have which I'm going to post now.
--
Art

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Given the conditions you stated, it seems this should work...

=A1&A2&A3&A4

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Art" wrote in message
_________A
1_________
2_________
3_______Hello
5_______Hello

I have a single column range (A1:A4). One and only one of the cells
contains
a text entry (cell A3 in this example). I want to enter a formula into
A5
that will return this text entry.

Thanks,
Art