Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CF CF is offline

Default Newbie: Copying row of values to a column

On Dec 16, 11:12*am, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
To link and Transpose from row to column.

Assumes sheet1 data is in A1:G1

In A1 of sheet2 enter *=INDEX(Sheet1!$1:$1,ROWS($1:1))

Drag/copy down to A7

Gord Dibben *MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:35:01 -0800 (PST), CF wrote:
I have a row of cells with brand names. I want to copy the contents of
the row of cells to a column on another sheet. How can I achieve this
so that whenever I change a cell value on the row I also modify the
value of the cells in the column in question? I was shown how to do
this once, a long time ago, but I have forgotten. I think it involved
the Vlookup function but I am not positive about it.

Thanks...Carlos

Thanks Gord. That helped a lot. What about the inverse? I have a
column of names and want to transpose it to a row? I tried the Index
function with Columns() but I haven't figured out how this thing works
yet. A bit more help would be appreciated.

Thanks again...Carlos