Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Moving data from one sheet to another

Very good points Jim

Gord

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 09:12:05 -0800, Jim Thomlinson
wrote:

I am not saying you should not do what you are intending but from my
experience it can be problematic. Once you enter something in I the data
disappears from the sheet you are on and is place on the other sheet. What
happens when (not if) you accidentally put something in I. How do you get the
item back. What if you type the wrong thing in I or wnder if you did. You
need to go to the other sheet to confirm.

Personally I would keep all of the data together on the one sheet and then
just filter on the results of I to get the info sorted out.