Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jane Jane is offline

Default Preventing broken hyperlinks and vlookups

We are planning a re-configuration of our primary Drive and will be moving
most of our folders and subfolders. We commonly use hyperlinks between
workbooks. We are an Excel dependent department nad have thousands of files
within our primary folders and subfolders.

During testing, I find that when the source workbook is moved, the hyperlink
to that workbook no longer works and I get: "Cannot open specified file."

I need to move the folders and subfolders soon and need to know how to
prevent this error from occurring when the users try to use the hyperlinks.

Also, vlookups - I know my vlookups to sheets within a workbook will be
fine. Will the vllokups to other workbooks break also?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!! jane