Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Doug Mc Doug Mc is offline

Default Sort Trouble

By selecting the range do you mean to mark all the cells in that particular
column - or what?
Thanks,
Doug

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Doug
What you are doing when you select one cell and sort, is to tell Excel
to guess the range you want sorted. Excel did and it's guess is not what
you wanted. Excel's rules on setting the sort range involves blank rows
and columns. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. What you
should do is never allow Excel to set the range you want sorted. You do
this by selecting the range you want sorted, then do Data - Sort. Works
every time. Come back if this doesn't work for you. HTH Otto

"Doug Mc" wrote in message
For some reason I'm not getting the sort to work like I need it to.

I mark one cell and click on Sort Ascending and it sorts that column
(only) but doesn't take along the rest of the row.
Do I have some setting wrong or something else?

Thanks in advance.
Doug