Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme Bernard Liengme is offline

Default Formula - Is it possible to...

You can refer to a cell's value.
So if E1 has value 5 and E2 have value 20, the the formula
=SUM(INDIRECT("A"&D1&":A"&D2))
will be evaluated as =SUM(A5:A20)

But a formula in one cell cannot change the value in another cell
So you formula in B1 could never alter what is in C1

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Beginner-Bob" wrote in message
For each cell in column B I want to test if the adjacent cell in column A
is
10 and if it is set the B cell the same as value in the A cell (this
bit

is easy) and also set a cell in column C with the value "100". However the
reference of the column C cell is dependent upon the value (between 1 - 4)
in the adjacent cell in column D. For example (I know this isn't possible
but
it may help to explain the idea), applying the formula in B1:

if(A110,"20", C(D1)="100").

If A1 was 8 and D1 = 4 then C4 is set to 100 and if D1 was 2 then C2 is
set
to 100. What I really want to know is is it possible to use integers from
another cell to reference a cell? Any help would be much appreciated.