Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Charles Williams Charles Williams is offline

Default Excel 2003 calculation sequence

If you post the code for your UDFs we can probably see whats wrong:
Maybe your UDF references cells that are included somewhere in the UDF
arguments?
(Excel uses the arguments to functions to determine the calculation
sequence)

--
Charles
___________________________________

"JP Ronse" wrote in message
Hi All,

Using XL 2003.

The workbook is really driving Xl to the limits to calculate it all. The
VBA statement 'application.calculatefull' takes several minutes to
complete.

As a result of this, some calculations are not correct, I'm using also
UDF's.

To give an idea:

Overall score B

11 12 Total/Avg. Pers %/Team Score

314 0 2618 114,1% C

1 0 35 83,3% 112,5% C C
14 5 143 97,3% C
12 5 183 66,3% D
24 9 457 174,4% A

1 0 35 107,7% 98,8% C C
12 1 98 88,4% C
9 1 125 99,2% C
14 6 282 113,1% C

11 & 12 represent the months, the figures below are calculated using an
array function.

The letters are calculated by an UDF. The overall score is also an UDF.
For some reasons the overall score is not always correct.

Clicking in the formula bar and <enter returns the correct value. So it
looks to me that the sequence in which XL performs the calculations is not
correct. Is there a way to say that the overall score should be calculated
as last?

With kind regards,

JP