Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
NB NB is offline

Default Drop Down Lists and Auto Fill

Pete,
You are the "hero of the day". I've been trying to solve that issue for
months and your solution worked like a charm and took all of 1 minute to
execute. Thank you for your expertise.

-NB

"Pete_UK" wrote:

You would normally use a VLOOKUP for this, something like:

=VLOOKUP(A1,table,2,0)

assuming A1 is where your drop-down is, "table" is a named range
covering your data (which may be in another sheet), and that the rate
you want is the second column of "table".

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 21, 3:52 pm, Ken wrote:
I am trying to create a bid calculater. I have created a dropdown list of
equipment. Each piece of equipment has a rental rate and an operator rate.
How can I make it so when I select a piece of equipment from my drop down
list the rental rate is pulld too?