Rob

Thanks Ragdyer,

I think I've lost the plot. I had the problem at work and so I posted my
problem, but I just tried it at home and it works fine. Must have been a
hiccup. I'll have to check it out again at work next week.

Rob

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
What "function number" are you using in the Subtotal function?

Don't forget, "2" represents Count,
While "3" represents CountA, which is what you would want to use to count
text.
--
HTH,

RD

"Rob" <NA wrote in message ...
Hi,

I would like to know if there's a way to access the task Bar functions of
Average, Count, Count Nums, Max, Min, Sum, as they respond so well when
using Filtering by not including cells that have been "hidden" by the
filter.

I know the Subtotal function also does this, but I can't seem to get the
Subtotal function to respond to Count when the value is text.

Rob