Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default Finding Duplicate Cell Entries

One way: this formula in D2 and filled down to the last line returns an empty
string if title in column C in the corresponding row is not duplicated, but
returns the row No. of duplicated title if there is one:

=IF(ISERROR(MATCH(C2,C3:$C$2000,0)),"",ROW()+MATCH (C2,C3:$C$2000,0))

Adjust 2000 to the really last row No.
--
Regards!
Stefi

€˛John€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Is there a simple macro/VBA for checking a specific column in which there are
random duplicate text entries? I do not want to delete, remove or move them.
For example my Column C contains about 2000 song title entries some of which
are duplicates and I need to identify and tag them. I only need to ID them
for now. The simpler the better.
Thanks
--
John