Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Finding Duplicate Cell Entries

Put this formula in D2:

=IF(C2="","",IF(COUNTIF(C$2:C2,C2)=1,"First","Dupl icate"))

then copy down as far as you like. This assumes you have a header row.
You can apply a filter to column D to select First (i.e. the first
occurrence) or Duplicate.

If you want to class the first occurrence (of many) as a duplicate
also, then you could do this:

=IF(C2="","",IF(COUNTIF(C:C,C2)1,"Duplicate","Uni que"))

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Dec 14, 2:26*pm, John wrote:
Is there a simple macro/VBA for checking a specific column in which there are
random duplicate text entries? *I do not want to delete, remove or move them.
*For example my Column C contains about 2000 song title entries some of which
are duplicates and I need to identify and tag them. *I only need to ID them
for now. *The simpler the better.
Thanks
--
John