Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Comparing Clients From Last Year to This Year

I'm assuming that column A hold's last year's list and column B holds current
signed-up list.

Select all cells with names in them in column A, use
Cells -- Conditional Formatting
and choose the "Formula is" option and enter a formula like this:
=COUNTIF(B:B,A2)=0
and then set up your format to highlight the names in the list in column A
that do not appear in column B. I chose simply to turn the background red.

NOTE: the formula above assumes that A2 is the cell with the first name in
it, change that to be the address of the first cell in the group you have
selected.

"Mustang" wrote:

Hi,

I have had a look though the posts and not really found the answer I am
looking for...

I have data in Column A which lists clients that bought from us last year
(the client name could be repeated more than once).

I have data in Column B that lists clients (again these could be repeated
more than once).

I would like to see who were clients of ours last year that have not yet
signed up this year.

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks