Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Mike is offline

Default how to high light cells

This is what i have & it works it is high lighting B column now i want to
high light AH column at the same time & from there i need to do rows 43 to 74
,80 to 111,117 to 148,154 to 185,191 to 222, 228 to 259 also in the same
manner also B & AH columns have a conditional colour format red green or
yellow when these colours are in place it will not high light i believe if
you or someone can make this happen YOU MUST BE A GOD

Dim Data As Range
Dim i As Integer
Dim j As Integer
Dim K As Integer
i = 2
j = 6
K = ActiveCell.Column()
Set Data = Range("B6:AH37")

Data.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

If ActiveCell.Row < 6 Or ActiveCell.Row 37 Or _
ActiveCell.Column < 2 Or ActiveCell.Column 54 Then
Exit Sub
End If

ActiveCell.Offset(0, -(K - i)). _
Resize(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 40

End Sub

"L. Howard Kittle" wrote:

Hi Mike,

Perhaps try this sample of row highlighting to see if it is what you want to
happen. We can expand it to cover your range but take a look at what
happens if you click on any cell in Range("B8:K22").

Dim Data As Range
Dim i As Integer
Dim j As Integer
Dim k As Integer
i = 2
j = 8
k = ActiveCell.Column()
Set Data = Range("B8:K22")

Data.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

If ActiveCell.Row < 8 Or ActiveCell.Row 22 Or _
ActiveCell.Column < 2 Or ActiveCell.Column 11 Then
Exit Sub
End If

ActiveCell.Offset(0, -(k - i)). _
Resize(1, 10).Interior.ColorIndex = 35

End Sub

Copy and paste in a test sheet module and then click any cell in the range
B8:K22. Then click outside of that range to see what happens, which should
be nothing.

Adjusting the values of i and j plus a few changes to the code to adopt your
range will be necessary.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Mike" wrote in message
have columns from A1 to A300 TO CP1 TO CP300 if I click on a particulr
cell
on any row is it possible to high light that whole row if there is a way
please tell me how!!!

.