Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DoubleZ DoubleZ is offline

Default Can blank cells be omitted from graph?

Thanks Jim, Dave, and Micky.

I should have specified that all of the blank cells do have formulas in
them.

So, if I return #N/A it fixes the issue of graphing the data, but it still
shows the data series title and marker type of the series with blank cells.
Is there a way to have this removed automatically if the series is blank?

Thank you again for your help.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

Blanks are treated as zeros. Just the way it is. To get around it you need to
have the zeros turned into #N/A.

=if(B2 = 0, #N/A, B2)

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"DoubleZ" wrote:

I have created a graph in Excel 2007 that has 4 data series. However, in
many instances I will only have data entered for 1 or 2 of those series.
Currently, the blank series are being plotted as zero values.

Is there a way to define the data series so that if they are blank they will
be completely omitted from the graph?