Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן is offline

Default Can blank cells be omitted from graph?

May I quote a part of the question:
"... I will only have data entered for 1 or 2 of those series.
Currently, the blank series are being plotted as zero values."
No one - including DoubleZ mentioned anything about values that are a result
of formulas.
I'm pretty aware of Excels limitations as well of its advantages as far as
charts are concerned.
*** Some of my replies do not match the exact question mainly because
English is not my mothers tongue - but I try my best...
Micky

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

That does not work if the data series value is the result of a formula that
returns a blank. It does work for constants by selecting Leave Gaps (which is
the default selection).

Unless you have some trick to make it work? ... I hope...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

If I am not mistaken there is a way to accomplish your request in Excel 2007:
http://office.microsoft.com/he-il/he...485551033.aspx
In former versions:
After activating (selecting) the chart you can declare NOT to present empty
cells as zeros (Tools options chart empty cells with WITH INTERPULATION)
Micky

"DoubleZ" wrote:

I have created a graph in Excel 2007 that has 4 data series. However, in
many instances I will only have data entered for 1 or 2 of those series.
Currently, the blank series are being plotted as zero values.

Is there a way to define the data series so that if they are blank they will
be completely omitted from the graph?