Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Can blank cells be omitted from graph?

If you hide the column be sure to uncheck

Tools - Options - Charts | Plot Visible Cells Only

(The option to leave blanks for gaps in the data only works for constants.
If your series is based on formulas that return blanks then your zeros will
be plotted.)

If you don't want to hide the column and just format the #N/A to not show
you can do that with conditional fomatting with a formula similar to.

=isna(B2)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I use a helper column and use that as the source of the graph.

The helper column contains a formula like:
=if(a2="",na(),a2)
(and drag down)

(I'd hide the column if it's irritating.)

DoubleZ wrote:

I have created a graph in Excel 2007 that has 4 data series. However, in
many instances I will only have data entered for 1 or 2 of those series.
Currently, the blank series are being plotted as zero values.

Is there a way to define the data series so that if they are blank they will
be completely omitted from the graph?

--

Dave Peterson
.