Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Paul C Paul C is offline

Default Conditional Formatting

I don't think you can copy and paste only part of the formatting. You can
however change the Applies To range for the conditional format to expand it
to cover the additional cells you would like it to apply to.

If your formatting uses formulas, make sure you absolute and relative
references (ie $a$1 or A1) are appropriate for whatever you are trying to do.
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"Art" wrote:

Is there a way to copy and paste ONLY the conditional formatting settings? In
other words I don't want the destination cells to acquire all the other
formats (borders, font size, etc) of the source cell.
--
Art