Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Search cell value in more than one workbook

Hi,

I think you need code for this. The code below opens every workbook in a
directory and call a sub where you can look for your value

Sub LoopThroughDirectory()
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
'Change this to your directory
MyPath = "C:\"
ActiveFile = Dir(MyPath & "*.xls")
Do While ActiveFile < ""
Workbooks.Open Filename:=MyPath & ActiveFile
'Here is the line that calls the macro below, passing the workbook to it
DoSomething ActiveWorkbook
ActiveWorkbook.Close
ActiveFile = Dir()
Loop
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

Sub DoSomething(Book As Workbook)
'test cell value
MsgBox ActiveWorkbook.Name

End Sub

Mike

"DreamKid" wrote:

Is there anyway I can serch for a cell value in more than one workbook?
I have workbooks that are saved in one folder nad I need to be able to find
cell value and determin in which file (or workbook) it appears. Using the
find and replace would look only in one workbook.
Thank you