Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
FrankWood FrankWood is offline

Default Date Format

It sounds like the dates were entered or imported as text. If they are you
could temporarily enter a new column to the right and use:

=datevalue(D2)

That would convert the text date to a value date. Format it however you
wish.

Then copy, paste special, values back over column D. lastly remove the new
temporary column D.

I hope that helps.

Frank

"Freshman" wrote:

Dear experts,

I've a worksheet of which column D & E are for dates. However, in these 2
columns, the users input the dates in different format. I want to change the
dates into one format only such as: 21-Feb-09 (dd-mmm-yy). However, I
highlighed the cells and changed the format to "dd-mmm-yy", the original
dates do not change and until I re-type the dates again. It's a headache
exercise if I need to re-type the dates again, please advise any quick method
to achieve my goal.

Thanks in advance