Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ms-Exl-Learner Ms-Exl-Learner is offline

Default Date Format

Place the cursor in the date cells and press F2 and give enter. For
converting bunch of cells and columns instead of pressing F2 and Enter
continuously it can be converted using Delimit. But without seeing the data
its difficult to suggest the option.

If the above suggestion is not useful to you then post your data how the
dates are entered in your excel.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Freshman" wrote:

Dear experts,

I've a worksheet of which column D & E are for dates. However, in these 2
columns, the users input the dates in different format. I want to change the
dates into one format only such as: 21-Feb-09 (dd-mmm-yy). However, I
highlighed the cells and changed the format to "dd-mmm-yy", the original
dates do not change and until I re-type the dates again. It's a headache
exercise if I need to re-type the dates again, please advise any quick method
to achieve my goal.

Thanks in advance