Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
L. Howard Kittle L. Howard Kittle is offline

Default vlookup

Hi Jim,

Do you want to reference three cells as the lookup values and return a
single value or do you want to return three different cells value from a
single lookup value.

I believe either is possible, either with SUMPRODUCT for the first instance
(Maybe with a Pivot Table but I'm weak on that) or and array entered VLOOKUP
for the second.

I think I can get the second instance to work with a formula something like
this:

=VLOOKUP(A1,B1:E10,{2,3,4},0)

Where you select three cells in the same row and while still selected enter
the formula above, then commit with Ctrl + Shift + Enter. Excel will put
curly bracket around the formula, don't enter them yourself.

A1 = The lookup value. (Could be from a drop down list in A1)
B1:B10 = a list of the lookup values.
C1:E10 contains the info you want to return for that lookup value.

If you need to change the lookup value cell or the lookup range, you will
need to select those three cells again and make the changes and commit with
Ctrl + Shift + Enter again.

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"Jim" wrote in message
Hello,

Am I able to reference three cells using a vlookup?

i would like to join the cells similiar to a formula that uses &

Any help?

Thanks