Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default COUNT

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A5=200948)*(B1:F5="x"))

Adjust the ranges to match--but you can't use whole columns (except in xl2007+).

Bob Phillips explains =sumproduct() in much more detail he

TC wrote:

Hi, I am using Microsoft 2003. I am trying to add the amount of X's in my
excel and seperate them by the YEAR/WK.

For example I want to know how many X's I have for 200948. For this
function I dont care about the column they are in just how many X's there
are. My sheet is much larger than the one below but it is a sample. I
understand I will have to have a new function per pln_s_yrwk. Any help
would be great!!

yrwk SOC OPC PUR M. PLN
D. PLN
200948 0 0 0 x 0